The conference is designed to promote scientific interaction and ample discussion between scientists and clinicians working in the field. Scientific presentations by international leaders will provide with the current status and a perspective of these exciting developments. In separate sessions, results from both basic and clinical research will be presented. The target audience will comprise besides key opinion leader scientists, PhD students, basic scientists, physician-scientists, as well as clinicians with an interest in the field.
It has long been appreciated that tumour cells interact with their microenvironment and often disrupt the normal tissue architecture in different haematological malignancies. However, only recently specific alterations of the microenvironment have emerged as driving causes of malignancy and/or as critical steps during disease progression. In addition, new strategies to target the microenvironment are being developed. These findings suggest that protecting, rescuing or targeting the abnormal microenvironment might provide a complementary or alternative way to treat some haematological malignancies. In this workshop we will try to deconstruct the niches for normal haematopoietic stem cells and leukaemic stem cells, and have lectures and discussions on visualising, dissecting and modelling the interactions of these cells with their microenvironment. Finally, several examples will be presented of how to target the microenvironment in certain haematological malignancies.
The program will include:
– Plenary Sessions
– Short Talks from Selected Abstracts
– Poster Sessions
– Simultaneous “Breakfast Meet the Experts” Sessions
An international audience of 150-200 scientists and physicians. The target audience will comprise besides key opinion leaders, clinicians and biologists, senior and junior haematologists, post-doctoral and PhD students and residents.
This Conference on THE TUMOUR MICROENVIRONMENT IN THE HAEMATOLOGICAL MALIGNANCIES intends to promote informal interaction and ample discussion between scientists and clinicians working in the field. Scientific presentations by international leaders will provide the current status and a perspective of these exciting developments. In separate sessions results from both basic and clinical research will be presented.
Upon completion of this CME activity, participants should be able to:
1. Define the notion of the malignant leukemic stem niche.
2. Define the role of different players of the microenvironment in initiation and maintenance of haematological malignancies.
3. Describe a few protocols to study the cross talk between stroma and malignant cells
CALL FOR LATE BREAKING ABSTRACTS: DEADLINE MARCH 30TH, 2015
To submit your abstract, please make sure that you are first registered to the meeting.
Check that you do receive an acknowledgment of your submitted abstract. If not, contact Emilie Letertre
Your abstract can be structured (eg Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusions) or unstructured.
It can describe work that you have recently submitted for publication or work that you hope to have completed by March.
Your abstract will be submitted to the peer review procedure.
If accepted, it will be allocated as an oral presentation or a poster presentation.
Your abstract text will not be published in any form before, at, or after the meeting without your explicit permission.
The dimensions of the poster boards are 140×90 cm
There is no symposia for this conference.
Accommodation at special conference rates is available at the Lisbon Marriott Hotel, where the conference will take place.
IN ORDER TO BENEFIT FROM SPECIAL CONFERENCE RATES (dinners on 7 and 8 May included), PLEASE BOOK YOUR HOTEL ACCOMMODATION THROUGHT THE CONFERENCE WEBSITE AFTER REGISTRATION:
For group bookings contact the local ESH Conference Secretariat:
ESH local conference secretariat c/o Forum d’Ideias, Lda.
Rua da Juventude Azeitonense, Lote 137B
2925-588 V.N. Azeitão / Portugal
Tel: +351 21 218 93 93 Fax: +351 21 218 93 92
Single Half Board Room
334€ package for min stay of 2 nights – from 7 to 9 May 2015 (includes breakfast and buffet dinners on 7 and 8 May 2015)
Double Half Board Room (a participant + an accompanying person)
354€ package for min stay of 2 nights – from 7 to 9 May 2015 (includes breakfast and buffet dinner on 7 and 8 May 2015 – only for the delegate)
Twin Board Room (2 participants)
432€ package for min stay of 2 nights – from 7 to 9 May 2015 (includes breakfast and buffet dinner on 7 and 8 May 2015 for both)
Guests are expected to arrive on May 7th, 2015. Forum d’Ideias shall not be responsible for and shall be exempt from all liability in respect of any loss, injury, accident, damage, delay or inconvenience to any person, or his/her luggage or any property for any reason whatsoever, for any tourist services provided. Personal travel and health insurance is recommended.
PAYMENT AND CONDITIONS
You will pay your hotel accommodation directly to Forum d’Ideias, Lda. The rates for reservations between 7 to 9 May 2015 are only applicable if the reservation is made for a minimum of two nights.
Upon receipt of full payment, you will receive an official confirmation letter and receipt. In the event of cancellation before January 7th 2015 the payment will be refunded less Euro 50,00. After this date no refund can be made. No shows and late cancellations will be charged in full.
Lisbon Marriott Hotel
Avenida dos Combatentes 45
There is no scholarship for this conference.
The registration fee for this conference is:
– Regular registration fee: 600€
– Registration fee for resident in-training: 300€ (support documents required)
This fee includes :
Your place in the Conference Room,
Luncheons, Refreshments throughout the conference.
Your seat in the conference will be definitively reserved upon receipt of your fee.
Type of payment :
A) By Cheque :
ESH, Centre Hayem, Hôpital Saint Louis
1 Avenue Claude Vellefaux
75475 Paris Cedex 10
B) By Bank transfer :
Bank address: BNPParibas, 156 avenue Parmentier, 75010 Paris, France
Bank code: 30004.
Agency code: 01730.
Account number: 00010099772.
Control key: 92.
IBAN: FR 76 3000 4017 3000 0100 9977 292
C) By Credit card : VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX
Cancellation policy of registration fee :
In case of cancellation, up until one month prior to the beginning of the meeting, your registration fee will be reimbursed in full (less bank charges).
If the cancellation is notified between 1 and 30 days prior to the beginning of the meeting, 50% of the registration fee will be reimbursed (less bank charges).
Cancellations notified during the meeting will not be reimbursed.
HOW TO PROCEED:
Please make sure that your Internet browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome…) is up-to-date. Using an old version may prevent you from visualising the full website content.
A) For Individual Registration:
If you would like to attend an ESH Conference or Training Course, please follow these steps:
1. Register yourself on the ESH Virtual Network using your personal data.
2. Please go to the registration page of the conference you would like to attend.
3. Click on the INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION button to complete your registration.
4. Proceed with the payment.
B) For Third Party Registration:
If you are registering a third party for an ESH Conference or Training Course, please follow these steps:
1. Create a Virtual Network profile for the individual you would like to register. (It is very important to provide the personal email address corresponding to the person who will participate in the activity. Your details can be added to the « Address of Invoicing » section.)
2.The third party will receive an email confirmation with the username (email address of the third party) and password (please note the password that you use to open the Virtual Network account).
3. This information (username and password) will allow you to register the third party for any ESH Conference or Training Course.
4. Please return to the registration page of the conference and click on the INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION button to complete your registration.
5. Proceed with the payment.
C) For Group Registration (More than one person):
If you are registering more than one person for any ESH Conference or Training Course, please follow these steps:
1. Register yourself in the ESH Virtual Network using your personal data.
2. Once you receive your username and password, return to the registration page of the conference in which you would like to register your group.
3. Click on the GROUP REGISTRATION button.
4. Fill in the complete details for each person that you would like to register (it is very important to use the personal email address of each participant you are registering, failure to do so will prohibit you from completing the registrations.)
5. Proceed with the payment