5th International Conference on Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Chairs: M. Cazzola (Pavia), P. Fenaux (Paris), E. Hellström-Lindberg (Stockholm)
Dates: April 14-16, 2016
Venue: Estoril, Portugal
Over the past few years, the revolution of genomic and epigenomic analysis (going as far as whole genome sequencing) has led to the discovery of most of the genes that seem to be involved in the pathogenesis of MDS. Very large patient series where gene abnormalities have been studied will be presented
In addition, clinicians are starting to use those genetic and epigenetic alterations to improve diagnosis and risk stratification, and a few of these abnormalities are beginning to constitute treatment targets
Prognostic factors of MDS have improved, especially with the publication of the revised IPSS, which allows in particular to identify « low risk MDS » patients whose outcome may in fact not be so favorable, and who may require treatment generally considered for higher risk patients. Genetic analysis is playing a growing role in this risk stratification.
Regarding treatment, a major challenge in high risk MDS is to improve results of hypomethylating agents, probably by using drug combinations, and also by making allogeneic SCT available to more patients, which has been achieved in part by the improvements in transplants with alternative donors. In low risk MDS, the precise role of TPO receptors agonists and of iron chelation, among others, will be debated, while the major challenge remains that of anemia resistant to erythropoietic stimulating agents
– Learn how to optimally diagnose MDS, mainly by morphological analysis and cytogenetics, but also using molecular analysis and flow cytometry.
– Improve ability to analyze prognostic factors, including new ones (revised IPSS, molecular analysis).
– Review current treatment of MDS, in both the high risk and low risk settings, ranging from single follow up to allogeneic stem cell transplantation.
– Acquire improved knowledge of emerging treatments, based on targeted therapies and well conducted clinical trials.
– Diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic issues will be largely discussed based on clinical cases that will be presented by the faculty and by selected delegates.
LATE-BREAKING ABSTRACTS DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 28TH, 2016
Not more than 400 words.
They can be structured (eg Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusions) or unstructured.
Your abstract should contain the following information:
1. Title (capital letters)
2. Authors with name of presenting author under-scored
3. Name and e-mail of corresponding author
4. Institution and city of origin
6. Acknowledgements (if necessary) (no references please)
Please see the dimensions of the poster board HERE
Accommodation at special conference rates is available neaby the Estoril Congress Center, where the Conference will take place.
IN ORDER TO BENEFIT FROM SPECIAL CONFERENCE RATES, PLEASE BOOK YOUR HOTEL ACCOMMODATION THROUGH THE CONFERENCE WEBSITE AFTER REGISTRATION.
For group bookings contact the local ESH Conference Secretariat:
ESH local conference secretariat
c/o Forum d’Ideais, Lda.
Rua da Juventude Azeitonense, Lote 137B
2925-588 V.N. Azeitao/Portugal
Tel: +351 21 218 93 93
Fax: +351 21 218 93 92
Estoril Congress Centre
2765-192 Estoril, PORTUGAL
Airport Information and travel to Estoril:
International flights arrive at the Lisbon Airport.
Further information about flights to and from Lisbon International Airport can be found here
The Lisbon International Airport is located at about 20 minutes drive, by car or taxi through the motorway (A5), from the Estoril Congress Centre.
Regular registration fee for this conference: 600€
Registration fee for resident in-training: 300€
This fee includes :
Your seat in the Conference Room,
The conference materials,
Get-together Cocktail (drinks and dinner buffet), luncheons, refreshments throughout the conference,
Your seat in the conference will be definitively reserved upon receipt of your fee.
Type of payment :
A) By Cheque :
ESH, Centre Hayem, Hôpital Saint Louis
1 Avenue Claude Vellefaux
75475 Paris Cedex 10
B) By Bank transfer :
Bank address: BNPParibas, 156 avenue Parmentier, 75010 Paris, France
Bank code: 30004.
Agency code: 01730.
Account number: 00010099772.
Control key: 92.
IBAN: FR 76 3000 4017 3000 0100 9977 292
C) By Credit card : VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX
Cancellation policy of registration fee :
In case of cancellation, up until one month prior to the beginning of the meeting, your registration fee will be reimbursed in full (less bank charges).
If the cancellation is notified between 1 and 30 days prior to the beginning of the meeting, 50% of the registration fee will be reimbursed (less bank charges).
Cancellations notified during the meeting will not be reimbursed.
HOW TO PROCEED:
Please make sure that your Internet browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome…) is up-to-date. Using an old version may prevent you from visualising the full website content.
A) For Individual Registration:
If you would like to attend an ESH Conference or Training Course, please follow these steps:
1. Register yourself on the ESH Virtual Network using your personal data.
2. Please go to the registration page of the conference you would like to attend.
3. Click on the INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION button to complete your registration.
4. Proceed with the payment.
B) For Third Party Registration:
If you are registering a third party for an ESH Conference or Training Course, please follow these steps:
1. Create a Virtual Network profile for the individual you would like to register. (It is very important to provide the personal email address corresponding to the person who will participate in the activity. Your details can be added to the « Address of Invoicing » section.)
2.The third party will receive an email confirmation with the username (email address of the third party) and password (please note the password that you use to open the Virtual Network account).
3. This information (username and password) will allow you to register the third party for any ESH Conference or Training Course.
4. Please return to the registration page of the conference and click on the INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION button to complete your registration.
5. Proceed with the payment.
C) For Group Registration (More than one person):
If you are registering more than one person for any ESH Conference or Training Course, please follow these steps:
1. Register yourself in the ESH Virtual Network using your personal data.
2. Once you receive your username and password, return to the registration page of the conference in which you would like to register your group.
3. Click on the GROUP REGISTRATION button.
4. Fill in the complete details for each person that you would like to register (it is very important to use the personal email address of each participant you are registering, failure to do so will prohibit you from completing the registrations.)
5. Proceed with the payment