International Conference on
Chairs: M. Cazzola (Pavia), P. Fenaux (Paris), E. Hellström-Lindberg (Stockholm)
Dates: 15-17 May 2014
Venue: Estoril, Portugal
In the past few years, the revolution of genomic and epigenomic analysis (going as far as whole genome sequencing) has allowed to discover most of the genes that seem to be involved in the pathogenesis of MDS, but we are only starting to assemble the pieces of the puzzle to understand this pathogenesis. In addition, clinicians are wondering how routine analysis of those genetic and epigenetic alterations will improve their diagnosis, risk stratification and even more importantly if some of those abnormalities will constitue targets for future treatments Prognostic factors of MDS have improved, especially with the publication of the revised IPSS, which allows in particular to identify, within « low risk MDS », patients whose outcome may in fact not be so favorable, and require treatment generally considered for higher risk patients. Genetic analysis is playing a growing role in this risk stratification. Regarding treatment, the major challenge in high risk MDS is to improve results of hypomethylating agents, probably by using drug combinations, and also making allogeneic SCT available to more patients. In low risk MDS, the precise role of lenalidomide (now approved in the EU in del 5q patients), of TPO receptors agonists and of iron chelation, among others, will be largely debated.
The deadline for abstracts is closed
Submit abstract(s) on-line: www.esh.org
To submit an abstract, please registrer before
Please also send a copy by e-mail to Pauline Jaillard
Check that you do receive an acknowledgement of your submitted abstract. If not, contact the person cited above.
Not more than 400 words.
They can be structured (eg Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusions) or unstructured.
Your abstract should contain the following information:
1. Title (capital letters)
2. Authors with name of presenting author under-scored
3. Name and e-mail of corresponding author
4. Institution and city of origin
6. Acknowledgements (if necessary) (no references please)
IN ORDER TO BENEFIT FROM SPECIAL CONFERENCE RATES, YOU CAN BOOK YOUR HOTEL ACCOMMODATION THROUGH THE WEBSITE AFTER YOUR REGISTRATION SUBMISSION:
For group bookings contact the local ESH Conference Secretariat:
ESH local conference secretariat
c/o Forum d’Ideias, Lda.
Rua da Juventude Azeitonense, Lote 137B
2925-588 V.N. Azeitão / Portugal
Tel: +351 21 218 93 93
Fax: +351 21 218 93 92
Airport Information and Travel to Estoril
International flights arrive at the Lisbon Airport.
Further information about flights to and from Lisbon International Airport can be found at http://www.ana-aeroportos.pt/ .
The Lisbon International Airport is located at about 20 minutes drive, by car or taxi through the motorway (A5), from the Estoril Congress Center.
Forum d’Ideias shall not be responsible for and shall be exempt from all liability in respect of any loss, injury, accident, damage, delay or inconvenience to any person, or his/her luggage or any property for any reason whatsoever, for any tourist services provided. Personal travel and health insurance is recommended.
Estoril Congress Centre
2765-192 Estoril, PORTUGAL
The Estoril Congress Center is located at the heart of the seaside resort of Estoril and Cascais, just a short driving distance from Lisbon Airport. (20 km)
The registration fee for this conference is 600€
This fee includes :
Your place in the Conference Room,
Luncheons, Refreshments throughout the conference, Get-together Cocktail (drinks and dinner buffet)
Your seat in the conference will be definitively reserved upon receipt of your fee.
Type of payment :
A) By Cheque :
ESH, Centre Hayem, Hôpital Saint Louis
1 Avenue Claude Vellefaux
75475 Paris Cedex 10
B) By Bank transfer :
Bank address: BNPParibas, 156 avenue Parmentier, 75010 Paris, France
Bank code: 30004.
Agency code: 01730.
Account number: 00010099772.
Control key: 92.
IBAN: FR 76 3000 4017 3000 0100 9977 292
C) By Credit card : VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX
Cancellation policy of registration fee :
In case of cancellation, up until one month prior to the beginning of the meeting, your registration fee will be reimbursed in full (less bank charges).
If the cancellation is notified between 1 and 30 days prior to the beginning of the meeting, 50% of the registration fee will be reimbursed (less bank charges).
Cancellations notified during the meeting will not be reimbursed.
HOW TO PROCEED:
Please make sure that your Internet browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome…) is up-to-date. Using an old version may prevent you from visualising the full website content.
A) For Individual Registration:
If you would like to attend an ESH Conference or Training Course, please follow these steps:
1. Register yourself on the ESH Virtual Network using your personal data.
2. Please go to the registration page of the conference you would like to attend.
3. Click on the INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION button to complete your registration.
4. Proceed with the payment.
B) For Third Party Registration:
If you are registering a third party for an ESH Conference or Training Course, please follow these steps:
1. Create a Virtual Network profile for the individual you would like to register. (It is very important to provide the personal email address corresponding to the person who will participate in the activity. Your details can be added to the « Address of Invoicing » section.)
2.The third party will receive an email confirmation with the username (email address of the third party) and password (please note the password that you use to open the Virtual Network account).
3. This information (username and password) will allow you to register the third party for any ESH Conference or Training Course.
4. Please return to the registration page of the conference and click on the INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION button to complete your registration.
5. Proceed with the payment.
C) For Group Registration (More than one person):
If you are registering more than one person for any ESH Conference or Training Course, please follow these steps:
1. Register yourself in the ESH Virtual Network using your personal data.
2. Once you receive your username and password, return to the registration page of the conference in which you would like to register your group.
3. Click on the GROUP REGISTRATION button.
4. Fill in the complete details for each person that you would like to register (it is very important to use the personal email address of each participant you are registering, failure to do so will prohibit you from completing the registrations.)
5. Proceed with the payment