2nd International Conference on
November 7-9, 2014 – Athens, Greece
Chairs: M. Mohty, A. Palumbo
Local organizer: M.A. Dimopoulos
Outcome of multiple myeloma has dramatically improved over the last years with the introduction of novel agents. These agents have not only improved the complete remission rates, but they have resulted in tangible improvements in survival. At present, numerous questions surrounding the transplant and non-transplant settings remain, such as the role for prolonged/maintenance therapy, the role of high-dose therapy itself at the era of novel agents, as well as other practical questions regarding the optimization of the different steps of myeloma treatment algorithms. This educational meeting aims to address the latest developments in the field, as part of our quest for more effective and better tolerated therapies, and better understanding of the disease pathophysiology. An amazing number of prestigious speakers will attend and deliver keynote lectures in the field. This meeting is expected to be a great success, reflecting the exciting and most recent achievements.
1. Acquire insight into the current diagnostic process of multiple myeloma, staging system, and risk stratification.
2. Evaluate the relevance of molecular diagnostics and minimal residual disease assessment, and their relevance for clinical management decisions.
3. Learn about treatment state of the art, and understand some of the critical clinical management issues in the treatment of young adults and patients of older age with fit or frail conditions.
4. Get insight into developmental therapeutics of multiple myeloma, Waldestrom macroglobulinemia and amyloidosis including knowledge about mechanisms of action of novel therapeutic compounds, the current status of development of various targeted drugs and their promises for future clinical applications.
DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACTS IS CLOSED.
The dimensions of the poster boards are 140×90 cm
Accommodation at special conference rates is available at the Hotel Ledra Athens, where the conference will take place.
IN ORDER TO BENEFIT FROM SPECIAL CONFERENCE RATES (dinners on 7 and 8 November included), PLEASE BOOK YOUR HOTEL ACCOMMODATION THROUGHT THE CONFERENCE WEBSITE AFTER REGISTRATION:
For group bookings contact the local ESH Conference Secretariat:
ESH local conference secretariat
c/o Forum d’Ideias, Lda.
Rua da Juventude Azeitonense, Lote 137B
2925-588 V.N. Azeitão / Portugal
Tel: +351 21 218 93 93
Fax: +351 21 218 93 92
Single Half Board Room
564€ package for min stay of 3 nights – from 6 to 9 Nov 2014 (includes breakfast and buffet dinners on 7 and 8 November 2014)
150€ per night – for the additional nights with buffet breakfast
Double Half Board Room (a participant + an accompanying person)
594 package for min stay of 3 nights – from 6 to 9 Nov 2014 (includes breakfast and buffet dinner on 7 and 8 November 2014 – only for the delegate)
160€ per night – for the additional nights with buffet breakfast
Twin Half Board Room (2 participants)
708€ package for min stay of 3 nights – from 6 to 9 Nov 2014 (includes breakfast and buffet dinner on 7 and 8 November 2014 for both)
160€ per night – for the additional nights with buffet breakfast
Half -Twin Half Room (1 participant sharing a room )
354€ package for min stay of 3 nights – from 6 to 9 November 2014 (includes breakfast and buffet dinner on 7 and 8 November 2014 when sharing a twin room)
80€ per night – for the additional nights with buffet breakfast when sharing a Twin Room
Guests are expected to arrive on November 6th, 2014.
Forum d’Ideias shall not be responsible for and shall be exempt from all liability in respect of any loss, injury, accident, damage, delay or inconvenience to any person, or his/her luggage or any property for any reason whatsoever, for any tourist services provided. Personal travel and health insurance is recommended.
PAYMENT AND CONDITIONS
You will pay your hotel accommodation directly to Forum d’Ideias, Lda.
The rates for reservations between 6 to 9 November 2014 are only applicable if the reservation is made for a minimum of three nights.
Upon receipt of full payment, you will receive an official confirmation letter and receipt. In the event of cancellation before July 6th 2014 the payment will be refunded less Euro 50,00. After this date no refund can be made. No shows and late cancellations will be charged in full.
IF YOU ARE NOT STAYING AT THE LEDRA MARRIOT HOTEL AND YOU WISH TO TAKE PART IN THE DINNERS (NOVEMBER 7-8), PLEASE CLICK ON “EVENT” AFTER HAVING REGISTERED TO BOOK YOUR SEAT.
Athens Ledra Hotel
Syngrou Avenue 115
Athens 117 45
The registration fee for this conference is:
– Regular registration fee: 480€
– Registration fee for resident in-training: 350€ (support documents required)
This fee includes :
Your place in the Conference Room,
Luncheons, Refreshments throughout the conference.
Your seat in the conference will be definitively reserved upon receipt of your fee.
Type of payment :
A) By Cheque :
ESH, Centre Hayem, Hôpital Saint Louis
1 Avenue Claude Vellefaux
75475 Paris Cedex 10
B) By Bank transfer :
Bank address: BNPParibas, 156 avenue Parmentier, 75010 Paris, France
Bank code: 30004.
Agency code: 01730.
Account number: 00010099772.
Control key: 92.
IBAN: FR 76 3000 4017 3000 0100 9977 292
C) By Credit card : VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX
Cancellation policy of registration fee :
In case of cancellation, up until one month prior to the beginning of the meeting, your registration fee will be reimbursed in full (less bank charges).
If the cancellation is notified between 1 and 30 days prior to the beginning of the meeting, 50% of the registration fee will be reimbursed (less bank charges).
Cancellations notified during the meeting will not be reimbursed.
HOW TO PROCEED:
Please make sure that your Internet browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome…) is up-to-date. Using an old version may prevent you from visualising the full website content.
A) For Individual Registration:
If you would like to attend an ESH Conference or Training Course, please follow these steps:
1. Register yourself on the ESH Virtual Network using your personal data.
2. Please go to the registration page of the conference you would like to attend.
3. Click on the INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION button to complete your registration.
4. Proceed with the payment.
B) For Third Party Registration:
If you are registering a third party for an ESH Conference or Training Course, please follow these steps:
1. Create a Virtual Network profile for the individual you would like to register. (It is very important to provide the personal email address corresponding to the person who will participate in the activity. Your details can be added to the « Address of Invoicing » section.)
2.The third party will receive an email confirmation with the username (email address of the third party) and password (please note the password that you use to open the Virtual Network account).
3. This information (username and password) will allow you to register the third party for any ESH Conference or Training Course.
4. Please return to the registration page of the conference and click on the INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION button to complete your registration.
5. Proceed with the payment.
C) For Group Registration (More than one person):
If you are registering more than one person for any ESH Conference or Training Course, please follow these steps:
1. Register yourself in the ESH Virtual Network using your personal data.
2. Once you receive your username and password, return to the registration page of the conference in which you would like to register your group.
3. Click on the GROUP REGISTRATION button.
4. Fill in the complete details for each person that you would like to register (it is very important to use the personal email address of each participant you are registering, failure to do so will prohibit you from completing the registrations.)
5. Proceed with the payment